Friday, May 8, 2009

Les is more? No, les is less

Friday's lunch destination was Les Madeleines, a bakery/cafe near downtown Salt Lake City. For a hungry guy looking to man-up, the menu was extremely limited. I went with the "Wild Boar BLT," which at least sounded like it would fill me up. Au contraire mon frere! First of all, the boar in question must have been one of those Shetland Boars. Either that, or there was a shortage of bacon due to the Hiney virus. The tomato was mushy, the bread was pedestrian (especially for a bakery), the lettuce too thick and the "Crispy" pommes frites were mostly limp. Oh, and my 12 ounce bottle of Coke was $2.50!!! All told, I paid over $11 for the disappointing fare. You know it's bad when I found myself longing for the dressing-free chef salad I threw away at Crown Burgers.

My ratings (out of 10):
Man-up possibilities ... 1
Quality ... 2
Overall ... turd

- Brady

5 comments:

  1. Wow, and I left Les Madeleines thinking you'd at least give this place a 4. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my wife was really egging me on to torpedo the place after I described my lunch to her. The more I thought about my meal, the less happy I was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheap knucklehead...you're bitching about the price of the coke? It was a bottle...nothing tastes better than a cold bottle of coke! Oh...except a cold Corona beer.

    Seriously, the Med salad I had was one of the best I've eaten in a long time. And the fresh bread was a bonus.

    I'd give this a 7.5 on a 10 scale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $2.50 is ridiculous for a 12-ounce non-refillable Coke. If you don't agree, you're high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I missed lunch, but I've got to agree with Brady on the Coke thing. My wife and I went out to dinner tonight, and I paid $1.50 for a can of Coke. I was done with it after the first few bites of my meal, and I spent the rest of the time trying to satisfy my thirst by sucking the ice cubes. Long live refillable Cokes!

    ReplyDelete