Friday, May 22, 2009

Fizzy soda and yummy cookies


The first thing you need to know about Hagermann's Bakehouse Cafe is that the soda is VERY fizzy. I don't know why, but they have the fizziest soda ever. It tastes fine, but if you're not careful when dispensing it into your cup, you could end up with soda all over your hands. Which happened to me today.

OK, now that that's out of the way, on to the review. I really wanted the meatball sandwich, which I've had at Hagermann's before, and which is quite tasty. However, they only had enough meatballs left for one sandwich when we went today, and Brady got it before I did. (Even though yesterday was my birthday, he just went ahead and took the meatballs. Sigh.) This isn't the first time Hagermann's has been out of something I wanted, which makes me wonder why you would have a restaurant if you weren't actually going to make the food on the menu available for purchase. But whatever.

As an alternative to the meatball sandwich, I had the California Turkey sandwich, which features fresh roast turkey breast, smoked provolone cheese, applewood-smoked bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mayo & spicy mustard on Sesame Semolina. I "de-California-d" it a bit, asking for it without avocado, tomato and cucumber. The result was a tasty, grilled sandwich. The turkey was ample, the bacon was done just right and the bread was delicious.

Oh, and you always get a cookie with your lunch. I always go with the chocolate chip, and it's a great way to end the meal.

All in all, I quite like the food at Hagermann's. But if you go, remember to beware the fizzy soda, and just hope they're not out of what you want.

Man-up possibilities: 8 (assuming they have the meatball sandwich available)
Food quality: 7
Overall: 6.5 (dropped a half-point for consistently running out of stuff)

—GPak

3 comments:

  1. Brady should never have taken the last meatball! It was your birthday for hell sake!! He's a meatball!!!

    You are freakin' fourty now..how could he do this? The new sandwich creation you made today sounds yummy! You must still be feelin' like a little Californication huh? :)

    Wish I could have hung with my homies! -cw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chuck, your mom is posting with your login again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you, Wingnut, but at the same time, we were glad you weren't around to infect us. Plus, more doughnuts for us.

    Also, you need to try SuperScrunch's "choose the urinal" game on his iPod Touch. It was good for many laughs during lunch, especially because Brady froze when faced with the available choices!

    ReplyDelete