Friday, October 2, 2009

The Fresh Maker?










Their menu slogan is "Scaddy's, Fresh taste is everything."

Problem is..."everything" doesn't really matter when you don't have anything to taste, having to wait five minutes longer then the rest of your table, only to not get your order quite right (Jon can give details).

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to like about Scaddy's.

And from a lack of conversation around the table while we were eating, we were either really hungry, really enjoying our meals or we've simply become really bored with each other today

Regardless of table conversation, this is a great place to "man-up" with the Wayne Burger, consisting of two patties, three slices of cheese, several thick bacon slices along with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup and mustard! I opted to hold the mayo...just to watch the calories.

The burger was indeed very good, but didn't blow me away other than the girth of the burger itself.

I only have two small complaints about the burger. First, my buns were a little cold :) ... Insert joke here! Second, I wish my all three cheese slices had been fully melted. Seeing a cheese slice that looks like it just came out of a Kraft Singles 50-pack wasn't to my liking.

In the combo meal I ordered, I upgraded to a delicious stack of onion rings, which I will get on my next visit as well. I was able to test out Brady's cheese fries, which were also yummy once I dumped a couple of salt packs on them.

On the whole, I liked Scaddy's and would recommend it.

Man-up scale - 10
Quality - 8.5
Service - 8
Overall - 8.5

—Wingnut

Quotes from today's adventure:

"It's (Checkers). He does it. It's an angry GPaK."
"I have four good ones now."
"You just missed it."
"He just pissed all over the mojo."
"I think you're grossly underestimating the power."
"This would be a thrilling episode."
"Food Network for men."
"They would just pre-beep you."
"I think we're going places."
"They only know what man-on-man means."
"I'm going to set up a rumble. We'll have El Gigante referee."

3 comments:

  1. One thing I learned today is that I should read the manual for my car's navigation system. After trying to enter the address for Scaddy's for about five minutes and getting nowhere, the rest of the crew screamed at me to let it go, so I did. It's a good thing I'm not in charge of anything technology-related around here.

    Scaddy's food is similar in quality to what you'd find at Crown Burgers. I ordered a Philly cheese steak (shocking, I know) mostly because I didn't trust the servers to leave off the mustard, ketchup and mayo if I chose a burger. Jon asked for no pickles and he got some anyway.

    My sandwich was good, not amazing. Long-time readers of our blog know that I like the buns on burgers and sandwiches to be toasted and Scaddy's doesn't do that. The cheese fries were also very good, but not up to Training Table quality. I had a couple of Chuckles' onion rings and I liked them a lot and would probably order them the next time around.

    Check it.

    Man-up possibilities: 10
    Food quality: 8
    Service: 6.5
    Overall: 7.75

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as I didn't have much to say during today's lunch, I don't have much to say in my review.

    I had the same burger as Wingnut, minus the pickles and tomatoes. It tasted quite good. The fries were quite good. The Coke was quite good. The atmosphere was quite good. But there wasn't really anything about the place that makes it much different from or better than Crown Burger or Five Guys or Smashburger or any of a number of other places. Again, there was nothing really wrong with it. It just didn't stand out from the crowd.

    And if you want to impress the GPaK crew, you'd best stand out.

    Man-up possibilities: 10
    Food quality: 8
    Service: 7
    Fizz-o-meter of Coke: 8
    Overall: 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Wingnut alluded too in the main post, my ScaddyBurger was indeed the last one to make it to the table. And while I WAS the last to order, it did seem to take a tad bit longer than it should have.

    That said, I kind of liked the idea that it took a bit longer as it meant to me (at the time) that my burger was somehow receiving a little extra care.

    After diving into the sandwich, I'm happy to report it was worth the wait. However, a couple of minor complaints. I asked for no pickles, but my burger arrived with pickles. It's easy to remove them, but I subsequently lost a little of the sauce when taking them off. I was also disappointed in the fact that the cheese was not fully melted. I'd expect more from a sandwich that was supposedly receiving "extra care."

    The fries and fry sauce made up for the small snafus with my burger which was still full of great flavor. And the Scaddy's crew was ultra friendly and the credit card receipt didn't require a tip before you'd received your meal. A new plus for me after my weird incident at Smash Burger.

    Man-up possibilities: 10
    Food quality: 8
    Service: 9
    Pre-tip meter: 10
    Overall: 8.5

    ReplyDelete