Friday, May 22, 2009

Hula in downtown SLC!


Wingnut's at home getting excited that three of his homies went out and saw some hula dancing during lunch based on that headline. Sorry pal, it was only my sandwich that was dancing today.
As the destination of choice today, Hagermann's is excellent for its proximity to the DNews building. Though, as was mentioned on our walk today, it can be a bit chilly during the winter months and somewhat blustery, so take a jacket if you decide to dine between the months of say October-April (I guess that kind of goes without saying in Utah)

Onto the chow...
The Hawaiian Hula Ham has become somewhat of staple for me in past visits, so this being my first review of the place, I decided not to venture down a road I'm unfamiliar with. My sandwich came with a generous supply of smoked black forest ham, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and (the real treat) pineapple jalapeno jelly. You can't go wrong with a toasted sandwich and this selection is no different. My only complaint, if it's possible to have one, is that the sandwich was a sticky mess. An oversupply of jelly, though thoroughly enjoyed, led to the need for an abundance of napkins.

To accompany my order of a half sandwich, I went with the tomato florentine soup (flavorful and light) and a cranberry cookie (tasty and a nice finishing touch). My "combo" comes with a drink, so I had the sweetened green tea, which GPaK gave me grief for, but at least it doesn't fizz and you don't have to worry about spillage that way.

I'm a big believer in the sandwich, so Hagermann's comes highly recommended on my list of breaded eateries.

Man-up possibilites... 9 (I'm not a meatball dude, but Brady not finishing his and I've seen GPaK fall short too, says this place has the fulfilling factor covered.
Food Quality... 9
Overall ... 9

—SuperScrunch

1 comment:

  1. Whoa!!! Hold on...you are giving a bakery a 9 out of 10 on the Man-Up scale???? I'm calling a big BS on that! How can you do that? That is setting the bar pretty low isn't it?

    ReplyDelete