Friday, June 5, 2009

Who needs arteries anyway?


Nothing like a good, old fashioned myocardial infarction-inducing lunch to make it worth coming to work on Friday.

Chuckles mentioned that we should try Moochie's several weeks ago (at the suggestion of his wife, Julie) and I've been angling to give it a whirl since then. The stars finally aligned today and four-fifths of the original GPaK, plus new recruit Mark Reece, piled into Wingnut's "Big Rig" to make the short journey.

When it was my turn to order, I was instantly impressed with the down-home friendly demeanor of the woman at the counter. I went for the six-inch cheesesteak and added grilled mushrooms. I was not disappointed. The sandwich was hot and the American cheese melted pleasantly over the steak, onions and mushrooms. I've never been to Philly, so I can't vouch for the meal's authenticity, but it satisfied my appetite just fine. In retrospect, I think I would have enjoyed just a little heat, so next time I'll add some peppers. All of the other guys went the pepper route and came away happy.

The man-up quotient here is off the charts. Now if they only let you add bacon on top of the cheesesteak. Hmm, might have to suggest that.

From the outside, Moochies looks like a couple of 1950's-style houses were smushed together and painted pastel yellow. Diners can choose to eat inside the funky little reception area or outside on what's basically one of the houses' front lawns. We ate at an umbrella-topped table while Chuckles creeped everyone out by taking multiple pictures of us while we ate, then proceeded to take shots of himself. I even recall getting cussed at because I wasn't posing the way I was told.

Man-up possibilities: 10 (this one's a no-brainer ... you could induce cardiac arrest with the footlong combo)
Food quality: 8
Overall: 9

— Brady

3 comments:

  1. Very nice man. We were both writing about the outside decor simultaneously. Kind of scary, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that is on the freaky side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the peppers ruled. go big or go home.

    ReplyDelete