Monday, June 1, 2009

A leisurely lunch


Not sure what was going on at Slow Casa (© Greg Kratz 2009) for the latest GPaK Lunch, but the downtown Salt Lake City eatery did reach an all-time high in sloth-itude.

Even so, the food was customarily good. I decided on the the daily lunch special (smothered burrito plus a bean tostada for $4.99) and added shredded beef for an extra $1.79. My fellow diners followed suit like a bunch of lemmings and ordered the same thing, except Gary, our resident Corey Feldman (No. 128 on the Famous Vegetarians list ... http://www.happycow.net/famous_vegetarians.html). The special is plenty to eat, especially when you add the meat to the burrito, and I was full when it was time to leave (near dusk as I recall). As Greg mentioned, Gary put us all to shame on the man-up scale with his collosal burrito; it was bigger than Jonny's head.

We were a group of five and had to shoe-horn ourselves around a table made for four. It wasn't too bad, but large groups should probably look elsewhere unless you don't mind sitting at separate tables.

There must have been plenty of excellent one-liners flung about, but I can't recall any at the moment. It's possible that I slept through much of the meal.

Just how sluggish was the service? It was so slow that Greg actually wanted to get back to work. If that doesn't make Speedy Gonzalez roll over in his grave, I don't know what would.

Man-up possibilities: 8.5
Quality: 8
Service: 2
Overall: 6

— Brady

4 comments:

  1. I vote that you get extra credit for the Corey Feldman reference, complete with Web link. Impressive. Most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Web site Brady. It's good to know I'm not alone.

    I honestly didn't think the service was that slow, but I did eat a lot of chips.

    Quality: 7
    Service: 4
    Overall: 6

    Still better than toasters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see Gmac come out of the woodwork.

    ReplyDelete