Friday, June 5, 2009

Manning up at Moochie's


As slow and frustrating as last week's lunch was, today's was just as fast and satisfying. In fact it was, I dare say, taste-o-riffic.

We took a quick trip to Moochie's Meatballs and More on a cool summer day, and we were not disappointed. I went expecting to get a meatball sandwich, but once I saw the description of the Philly cheesesteak, I changed my mind. And boy, am I glad I did. In addition to excellent meat and tasty, gooey cheese, mine had onions and, based upon my request, peppers. The result was a sloppy, messy, savory delight.

I also had the potato salad, which had a just-right consistency and a bit of a kick, and an excellent brownie for dessert. As for the Coke, it ranked perfect on the fizz-0-meter.

And the service really set Moochie's apart from last week's debacle at Su Casa. We walked up to the counter to a friendly welcome, ordered immediately and had our food within minutes. We were able to eat outside and finished just as a brief, torrential rain started to fall. Our entire trip, from leaving our desks to returning to work, took less than an hour, which was good for this busy day. But I'm also certain that, had it not been rainy and had we been so inclined, we could have enjoyed a much more leisurely lunch, too. I've posted this within an hour of our return, as an homage to the quick service, and again, in contrast with last week's experience.

All in all, it was a near-perfect Friday excursion for the GPaK, and I'm hoping we have many trips to Moochie's in our future.

Man-up possibilities: 10 (I didn't get it, but the 12-inch cheesesteak would feed a family of four for a week.)
Food quality: 9
Overall: 9

— GPaK

2 comments:

  1. Well done big fella. Photo is forthcoming, which of course can be subbed out by Wingnut if he feels so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little postscript to this. I went to Moochie's again on Monday with my wife and children (she's going to do a DNews review of the restaurant sometime in the next few weeks), and this time I had the meatball sandwich. It was big, messy and delicious. So it looks like you can't go wrong with either the meatball or the cheesesteak.

    ReplyDelete